[U-Boot] memory display question

Steve Iribarne siribarne at grid-net.com
Thu Feb 25 17:03:21 CET 2010

Detlev Zundel wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
>> I'm currently getting an error when I try to do a secure boot (internal
>> to the processor). So the next step is to verify that my u-boot image is
>> loaded where I think it should be loaded (at TEXT_BASE (0x83F0_0000)).
>>
>> When I do a md.w 0x83F00000 0x20 it display's all zero's which is wrong.
>>   It should have my reset vector and some other things there.  The image
>> header is really at offset 0x400.
>>
>> So I tried md.w 0x83F00400 0x20 and still all 0's.
>
> Why do you do a "md.w" to explicitely select 16-bit entities?  Did you
> try without (i.e. correpsonding to .l) and .b?  Maybe your system has
> problems with different access widths.

Yes I've tried both md.b and md.l, same deal.

>> This makes no sense because the darn thing boots!
>>
>> When I hook my Lauterbach to it and do a view memory through the JTAG
>> the memory looks as I expect.  This makes complete sense because if this
>> wasn't the case I wasn't sure how my system was going to boot.
>
> What accesses do you perform in this setup to read the memory?

Oh good question.. I'll look at that...

Thanks.

--
Steve Iribarne
Sr. Software Engineer

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain proprietary
information, which is privileged, confidential or subject to copyright
belonging to Grid Net, Inc. This e-mail is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
distribution, copying or action taken in relation to the contents of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete.