[U-Boot] boot from ram on rd-6281-a

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 26 11:22:01 CET 2010

Dear Juergen Schindele,

In message <201002261056.32502.schindele at nentec.de> you wrote:

> i need a different bootloader than the one installed.
> so i tried to develop a private one by loading it to RAM.
> So i modified the TEXT_BASE = 0x00400000
> to not collide with the installed one.

This is not enough. You must also make sure not to try to perform all
the low level initializations again that have already been done.

> Can somebody please tell me where I am wrong ???

Did you read the FAQ?

> Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen.
> Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfänger sind, informieren Sie bitte sofort
> den Absender und löschen Sie diese E-Mail. Das unbefugte Kopieren dieser E-Mail
> oder die unbefugte Weitergabe der enthaltenen Informationen ist nicht gestattet.
>  >
> The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by law.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this
> message. Any unauthorised copying of this message or unauthorised distribution of
> the information contained herein is prohibited.

Please omit this crap when posting to public mailing lists (and keep
in mind that even in e-mail such statements are bogus at best, see
http://www.heise.de/ix/meldung/Disclaimer-Unnoetiger-Ballast-fuer-E-Mails-892297.html)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Those who do not  understand  Unix  are  condemned  to  reinvent  it,
poorly.              - Henry Spencer, University of Toronto Unix hack