[U-Boot] boot from ram on rd-6281-a

Juergen Schindele schindele at nentec.de
Fri Feb 26 12:16:22 CET 2010

Am Freitag, 26. Februar 2010 schrieb Wolfgang Denk:
> Dear Juergen Schindele,
>
> In message <201002261056.32502.schindele at nentec.de> you wrote:
> >
> > i need a different bootloader than the one installed.
> > so i tried to develop a private one by loading it to RAM.
> > So i modified the TEXT_BASE = 0x00400000
> > to not collide with the installed one.
>
> This is not enough. You must also make sure not to try to perform all
> the low level initializations again that have already been done.
I know that, but SKIP_LOW_LEVEL_INIT is defined because
register init is done with kirkwood boot header for booting from
SPI/NAND-Flash. I dont see other blocking points. :-(
i tried to skip relocate too but it did not help !

> > Can somebody please tell me where I am wrong ???
>
> Did you read the FAQ?
Yes i read the README and searched in Internet or what FAQ
do you mean ???

> Please omit this crap when posting to public mailing lists (and keep
> in mind that even in e-mail such statements are bogus at best, see
> http://www.heise.de/ix/meldung/Disclaimer-Unnoetiger-Ballast-fuer-E-Mails-892297.html)
sorry for the crap i forgot to suppress before sending
Jürgen Schindele
Software-Entwicklung

NENTEC Netzwerktechnologie GmbH
Greschbachstr. 12
76229 Karlsruhe
Deutschland
Telefon: +49 721 94249-51
Telefax: +49 721 94249-10
E-Mail:  schindele at nentec.de
WEB:     www.nentec.de

Geschäftsführung: Klaus Becker, Roland Knapp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 107658