[U-Boot] MPC8548 based board Hanging at different conditions

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 26 13:37:43 CET 2010

Dear "Ravi Prakash Reddy M",

In message <52105.59.163.88.129.1267184035.squirrel at mail.bel.co.in> you wrote:

> we are using MPC8548 based custom board, with DDR2 memory. we have successfully ported U-boot 1.3.1 and linux 2.6.19.

Hm... U-Boot 1.3.1 is more than 2 years old; Linux 2.6.19 is more than
3 years old. That's stone age for software.

Why are you working on such ancient software?  Do yourself (and us) a
favour  and upgrade - use recent code instead.  You will not get much
help for such old stuff...

> but sometimes the board is hanging at the following conditions
> - afer relocating to RAM

Pretty clear symproms...

> what could be the reason, can anyboby explain

Please read this FAQ:
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootCrashAfterRelocation

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Niklaus Wirth has lamented that, whereas Europeans pronounce his name
correctly  (Ni-klows  Virt),  Americans  invariably  mangle  it  into
(Nick-les  Worth).  Which  is to say that Europeans call him by name,
but Americans call him by value.