[U-Boot] Board is not booting after flashing U-boot and hard reset

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Jan 4 10:36:36 CET 2010

Hi Prakash,

On Thursday 31 December 2009 05:39:35 prakash bedge wrote:
> I am modifying the start.S code and I believe this is the basic
> initialization code need to bring up the board at start.
>
> If I flash my sample initialization code in flash and do hard reset then
> board is working, but after flashing u-boot image, board does not boot up.

If you can execute some code from FLASH then you don't seem to have a problem
with the I2C bootstrap configuration after all. Your U-Boot port is just not
correct and crashing/hanging at some time.

> Even the system fails to detect the board from PCI slot and system do not
> start with the board in PCI slot. when I remove the board from PCI slot
>  then system starts.
>
> Is this issue related to PCI core?

No. Most likely you need to configure the some PCI related registers in the
440GX core so that it can be accessed via the PCI bus (BAR address mapping
etc).

> It would be great if you can please send the pdf on IIC bootstrap
> controller for PPC440x5 core.

As it seems this is not a problem with the bootstrap controller. But I still
recommend that you download the manuals from the Applied Micro (AMCC) page
yourself.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de