[U-Boot] NS16550 Register structure

Pedanekar, Hemant hemantp at ti.com
Tue Jan 5 08:14:55 CET 2010

Hello,

I have observed that in the recent commit (file include/ns16550.h), the ns16550 UART register structure declaration is changed so that irrespective of the CONFIG_SYS_NS16550_REG_SIZE setting the register access will be done at byte level.

This crates problem when UART space access is required to be word-aligned. I am particularly referring to DaVinci DM6467, where STRB over UART register space is not supported and requires 32-bit access (L/STR).

If I go ahead and add a specific handling in ns16550.h file (structure register members as "long"), I would end up making code similar to the one earlier to last commit. Is there a better way to handle such case?

Thanks.
-
Hemant