[U-Boot] NS16550 Register structure

Pedanekar, Hemant hemantp at ti.com
Tue Jan 5 09:55:42 CET 2010

Wolfgang,

Yes, that is not just word-aligned, instead, the Dm6467 UART access need to be "Word LOAD/STORE". Thus, if I use STRB <THR> instead of STR <THR> to transmit a character, it doesn't work.

As you said, using prepad/postpad, we can define the alignment but my understanding is that the final register access will be byte access only as the register will be declared as "unsigned char".

For generating 32-bit load/store, probably we need to declare register members as "unsigned long". Or can we achieve the same without any code changes?

Thanks
-
Hemant