[U-Boot] MIPS: build status (2010.01)

Shinya Kuribayashi skuribay at pobox.com
Mon Jan 11 02:48:23 CET 2010

Hi,

here's a build summary of the latest git with GCC 4.4.1:

$ ./MAKEALL mips mips_el

--------------------- SUMMARY ----------------------------
Boards compiled: 23
Boards with warnings or errors: 11 ( qemu_mips vct_platinum_onenand
vct_platinum_onenand_small vct_platinumavc_onenand
vct_platinumavc_onenand_small vct_premium_onenand
vct_premium_onenand_small dbau1000 dbau1100 dbau1500 gth2 )

Build warnings / errors could be categorized into five groups:

1) zlib.c: missing <asm/unaligned.h> build error
2) lib_mips/board.c: undefined reference to `getenv_IPaddr' build error
3) env_onenand.c: CONFIG_ENV_{ADDR,SIZE}_FLEX undeclared build error
4) cmd_ide.c: dbuf strict-aliasing warning
5) dlmalloc.c: strict-aliasing warning

I'll post two patches to fix #1 and #2.  As for #3, I'll reply to this
mail with build logs to remind appropriate people of these issues.

Per #4, it would be better to upgrade the byteorder/swab headers first,
rather than fixing occasional strict-aliasing reports.  Since they are
only reported by GCC 4.4, I'd like to leave this issue as-is for now.

With regard to #5, I've checked the mail archives and found that this
is one of the known issues, I will ignore it.

$ mips-linux-gnu-gcc --version
mips-linux-gnu-gcc (Sourcery G++ Lite 4.4-57) 4.4.1