[U-Boot] u-boot on ARM PIC?

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Wed Jan 13 21:54:11 CET 2010

Hi,

 >> I'll soon start an ARM based project (at91sam9g45), and am looking into
 >> booting options. I normally use PPC, so I'm not really familiar with the
 >> finer details of U-Boot on ARM. I would like to use a failsafe setup
 >> with 2x U-Boot images in NOR flash, and a mini bootloader (probably
 >> at91bootstrap based) to decide which to use. For that to work nicely,
 >> U-Boot would have to be PIC (pre-relocation).

 Wolfgang> Not really. Two different images linked for the respective
 Wolfgang> addresses would do fine, too.

Sure, but having a single image (certainly for a ping-pong system,
E.G. where you keep the current and previous image) a single position
independent image is nicer.

Does that work with u-boot on at91 given !SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT
& !CONFIG_LOWLEVEL_INIT?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard