[U-Boot] U-Boot Crashes with Dumps

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 14 11:15:59 CET 2010

Dear anupbehare at gmail.com,

In message <001636ed6c7e8c9189047d1cab86 at google.com> you wrote:

> We bypass the trap_init call, control enters into the flash_init() in
> cfi_flash.c
> to more debug we bypass the hang call for time being and we obtain u-boot
> prompt.

This is random hacking and will not take you anywhere.

The Golden Rule (TM) is to stop at the very first error, and analyze
and _fix_ it before continuing.

I bet a case of beer that your RAM initialization is broken, and all
your changes are just hushing up the problems, which will bite you
later, harder.

Follow Stefan's advice and get your RAM setup working reliably and
stable, before doing anything else.

Feel free to ignore the advice if you like wasting your time, but then
please stop asking here so you not also waste our time, too.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Don't think; let the machine do it for you!"        - E. C. Berkeley