[U-Boot] start a second kernel/filesystem if first one is corrupted

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 14 12:39:39 CET 2010

Dear Arno Steffen,

please keep the mailing list on Cc:

In message <804f0d21001140252v164b7df0p1d1e94f3d3160c8 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > > Although I add hush to my config file
> > > #define CONFIG_HUSH_PARSER    1 /* use "hush" command parser */
> > >
> > > and it compiles hush.c to hush.o I get
> > >
> > > Unknown command 'if'
> OMAP3 # echo foo || echo bar
> foo || echo bar

This means you do NOT have hush support in your image. Check your
config file again, make sure you really rebuild the U-Boot image (run
"make mrproper" first), and make sure you are really booting the new
image.

> My uboot is a 2008.10 (Mistral/TI EVM board)
> The line:
> #define CONFIG_HUSH_PARSER    1 /* use "hush" command parser */
> I put into /include/configs/omap3_evm.h

Are you sure omap3_evm.h is the right config file for your board?

> --0016e6d99ace5450a2047d1dafbe

Please never post HTML!!!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
He'd heard her use that sweet, innocent  tone  of  voice  before.  It
meant that, pretty soon, there was going to be trouble.
                                        - Terry Pratchett, _Truckers_