[U-Boot] U-Boot (porting) problem on MCF5445x board

Wolfgang Wegner wolfgang at leila.ping.de
Thu Jan 14 17:15:33 CET 2010

Hi,

two more observations:

- there are some entries in the linker script reminiscent from
  and embedded environment forcing .text from start.o, traps.o,
  interrupts.o, dlmalloc.o and zlib.o to the beginning of the
  .text section; if I remove these, U-Boot crashes without
  any output (did not yet find out where)
- when debugging properly, I can break in console.c:printf()
  and get these:
  Breakpoint 1, printf (fmt=0x40030000 "`¼ RR\213$(") at console.c:381
381             i = vsprintf(printbuffer, fmt, args);
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Breakpoint 1, printf (
    fmt=0x4003e556 "Freescale MCF%d (Mask:%01x Version:%x)\n") at console.c:381
381             i = vsprintf(printbuffer, fmt, args);
(gdb) c

0x40030000 is in the middle of the .text section. Furthermore, when
stepping further with 'c' U-Boot again crashes sometime before printing
the unexpected exception report. I do not understand where this different
behaviour with and without breakpoints results from.

Maybe this gives someone more experienced a hint what I am doing
wrong.

Regards,
Wolfgang