[U-Boot] davinci dm365 relocation

Shlomo Kut shlomo at infodraw.com
Mon Jan 18 12:27:13 CET 2010

Hi,

We have produced a board based around the dm365evm with cfi flash memory
in place of NAND. We want the code to boot itself from flash and
relocate itself to RAM.

I have configured the configuration file to support cfi flash instead of
RAM.

I have modified the board's u-boot.lds appended to this mail and have
commented out the #LDFLAGS += -Ttext $(TEXT_BASE) from the global
config.mk.

What else do we need to do achieve this goal?

regards,

Shlomo Kut

u-boot.lds
----------
OUTPUT_FORMAT("elf32-littlearm", "elf32-littlearm", "elf32-littlearm")
OUTPUT_ARCH(arm)

MEMORY
{
  dram  :  ORIGIN = 0x81080000, LENGTH = 1m
  flash :  ORIGIN = 0x02000000,  LENGTH = 1m
}

ENTRY(_start)
SECTIONS
{
	. = ALIGN(4);
	.text	:
	{
	  cpu/arm926ejs/start.o	(.text)
	  *(.text)
    *(.rodata)
    *(.rodata.str1.4)
 	} > flash

	. = ALIGN(4);
 .data : AT ( ADDR (.text) + SIZEOF (.text) ){
     *(.data)
    __u_boot_cmd_start = .;
     *(.u_boot_cmd)
    __u_boot_cmd_end = .;