[U-Boot] FDT support in u-boot

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Tue Jan 19 13:57:20 CET 2010

Hi Ronny,

Ronny D wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am porting u-boot for ppc440 based board, board is similar to 440Gx
> but customized one.

"Customized" can mean a lot of things, and we have no clue what.

> Requirement is to to port u-boot with DTS support.
> u-boot version is 2009-08.

Good.

> We have implemented dts and compile it with dtc compiler.as we are
> using different bus instead of opb and ebc. please let me know can we
> bypass the fixup provided in fdt.c file __ft_board_setup() and
> ft_cpu_setup().

Simple answer to your simple question is to edit the file.  That is
probably the wrong advice.

You need to tell us what is not working: what you expect to happen vs.
what actually is happening before we can give you useful advice.

Bypassing the fixups is probably the wrong approach.  Editing your .dts
file should be sufficient (which may "bypass" the fixups as a side
effect).  If changing the .dts is not sufficient, we need to figure out
how to adapt/extend the fixup to do the right thing for your board.

> ~Ronny

Best regards,
gvb