[U-Boot] USB storage problem with SCSI commands

Alexander Varnin fenixk19 at mail.ru
Sun Jan 24 15:34:07 CET 2010

Wolfgang Denk пишет:
> Dear Alexander Varnin,
>
> In message <4B5C3869.4060401 at mail.ru> you wrote:
>
>>> Please use a recent version of U-boot. This version is old and
>>> outdated.
>>>

>> I can't, because this version has been given with samsung SMDK2443
>> board, and there is some special additions for it, that is not present
>> in main u-boot tree.
>>

> Then port those additions forward to a current version.

It is useless work, because in my version works everything, except the
things, that didn't change since 1.1.6.

>>> Would not surprise me. A lot of (USB) fixes have been integrated in
>>> U-boot since version 1.1.6.
>>>
>> As I can see in git, there is not so much changes in
>> common/usb_storage.c file, and I've tested all of them, to fix my
>> problem. And none helped. So I'm using quite actual version of
>> usb-storage subsystem.
>>

> U-Boot 1.1.6 is 4 years old. Since then, 7489 commits have been
> checked in, which added 1037072 lines, removed 557110 lines, and
> changed 479962 lines.

That means this commits at most is not concerned with usb storage,
because the differences from my version contain only spacing changes,
added writing support(which is not in my task) and some other minor
fixes. I can replace this file(common/usb_storage.c) with modern one,
and it won't change the case(I've tried). The lower level of usb stack
is device-dependent and works correct on other usb devices(hub, for
example). So the problem is not here. Are you still think that my
version is not actual?