[U-Boot] [U-Boot-Users] some flow about uboot

loody miloody at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 10:27:23 CET 2010

Hi all:
Hi Hiroshi :
> Thanks Detlev,
>

> I join a u-boot mailing-list for japanese.
> I miss-understood original mail was send to it.
>
> loody, We shood move to u-boot at lists.denx.de
>
> anyway,
>>Why uboot need reload code?
>  for example,
>  When you want update uboot itself.
>  SDRAM is faster then flush.
>
>>if I get a block of static memory to save r/w data, does that mean I
>>don't need reload uboot?
>  Yes, but I do not recommend it,
>  check
>   CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT
>  you will get a hints.

I will check the config you mention :)
BTW, I have some question while I compile my uboot without flash
support with CONFIG_SYS_NO_FLASH, even there is already a patch for
this problem.

in config_cmd_default.h
#ifndef CONFIG_SYS_NO_FLASH
#define CONFIG_CMD_FLASH	/* flinfo, erase, protect	*/
#define CONFIG_CMD_IMLS		/* List all found images	*/
#else

so in cmd_bootm.c below funciton will not be compiled
#if defined(CONFIG_CMD_IMLS)

but the error seems compiler still compile the code for us.
it's weired.
if I remember correctly, #ifdef XYZ and #if defined(XYZ) mean the same
thing, right?
so the error should not come out.
appreciate your help,
miloody