[U-Boot] NS16550 Register structure

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 28 12:00:55 CET 2010

Dear Hemant,

In message <2A3DCF3DA181AD40BDE86A3150B27B6B03097EC8CA at dbde02.ent.ti.com> you wrote:

> Any suggestions on this?

Well, the best solution would obviously be to fix the hardware...

> > There is no abort on ARM and also nothing gets to the console when UART
> > register is accessed.

Then what exactly is happening on your hardware when you read the
register? Did you really try out all options, i. e. reading as a 8
bit access with 0, 1, 2 and 3 bytes offset, etc.?

If you don't see any ecxceptions, then these accesses must be somehow
visible on the bus.  Find out (using a scope / logic analyzer) which
byte lanes get accessed when, and show us a table here what happens
when.

Only after we understand what is happening on your system we can come
up with any recommendations.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Alliance: In international politics, the union  of  two  thieves  who
have  their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pocket that they
cannot separately plunder a third.                   - Ambrose Bierce