[U-Boot] Set TEXT_BASE via <project>.h file?

Wolfgang Wegner wolfgang at leila.ping.de
Thu Jan 28 13:51:25 CET 2010

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 01:39:06PM +0100, A. Geisreiter wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Thanks for the fast response.
> I have tried you're suggestion, but than U-Boot doesn't start. But I don't
> get an compiler error. What could be the problem?
> I work with an PXA270 CPU and TEXT_BASE defines the base address of the RAM
> copy monitor code.

remote diagnosis is always difficult. ;-)
Did you issue a "make mrproper", re-configure and the rebuild?
For Coldfire targets I had some problems that all objects originating
from C sources were correctly rebuilt after changing <project>.h, but
not the objects originating from assembler sources. In the case of
Coldfire, TEXT_BASE is also used in the assembler CPU startup code, so
this would lead to the exact problem you describe...

Currently I have no other ideas.

Regards,
Wolfgang