[U-Boot] bug in ubifs

tcremel at alphabot.fr tcremel at alphabot.fr
Fri Jan 29 14:58:19 CET 2010

 Some bugs I found while using uboot.
  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }in
common/cmd_ubifs.c     from line  59 add 2 lines
           ubifs_initialized = 1;
       }
 +     // tcremel at alphabot.fr : ubifs_mounted is never reset if the
previous mount failed. This bring my system to hang as it tries to
unmount a non-existing mount point
 +     ubifs_mounted = 0;
       ret = ubifs_mount(vol_name);
       if (ret)
           return -1;
  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }in
fs/ubifs/super.c   from line 1189 add 2 lines
       ret = ubifs_get_sb(&ubifs_fs_type, flags, name, data, mnt);
       if (ret) {
           printf("Error reading superblock on volume '%s'!n", name);
 + // tcremel at alphabot.fr :  added as if the filesystem does not
exist, the previous system is partly kept.  This bring my system to
hang as it has some superblocks informations from another FS
 +         ubifs_sb=NULL;
           return -1;
       }
 in BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;
}fs/ubifs/ubifs.c   from line 42 modified 1 line to 5
                  unsigned char *out, size_t *out_len)
   {
       unsigned long len = in_len;
 !     return zunzip(out, *out_len, (unsigned char *)in, &len, 0, 0);
   }
   /* Fake description object for the "none" compressor */

                  unsigned char *out, size_t *out_len)
   {
       unsigned long len = in_len;
 ! // tcremel at alphabot.fr : the return length should not be lost.
 !     int res;
 !     res=zunzip(out, *out_len, (unsigned char *)in, &len, 0, 0);
 !     *out_len=len;
 !     return res;
   }