[U-Boot] Transfer file using loadb

Chetan Nanda chetannanda at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 16:35:01 CET 2010

HI all,

I am working on OMAP3 based SoC. I am trying to send uImage over serial port
using kermit.
I have followed folowing:

1. issued a loadb command on u-boot prompt.
2. On c-termit> send /bin uImage

Every time after this transfer get started but then aborted automatically
with following error message:
*************************
SEND-class command failed.
 Packets sent: 193
 Retransmissions: 135
 Timeouts: 10
 Damaged packets: 0
 Fatal Kermit Protocol Error: Too many retries

HINTS... If the preceding error message does not explain the failure:
 . Try changing the remote Kermit's FLOW-CONTROL setting.
 . Increase the retry limit (see HELP SET RETRY).
 . Try it again with SET STREAMING OFF.
 . Try it again with SET PARITY SPACE.
 . As a last resort, give a ROBUST command and try again.
Also:
 . Be sure the source file has read permission.
 . Be sure the target directory has write permission.
(Use SET HINTS OFF to suppress hints.)