[U-Boot] transfer enviroment per file (problems with TAB) ?

Arno Steffen arno.steffen at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 1 10:56:19 CEST 2010

I am using Teraterm to transfer the uboot environment to the system.

I do get strange effects that not all commands are executed properly.
It is looking like this:

while the tranfer file contains:

set boot_nfs_nand      'set bootargs ${bootargs_fs}; run addip;
tftpboot 0x80000000 spv/uImage; bootm 0x80000000'
set bootcmd	         'run boot_fs'
echo "Environment downloaded"

I get:

OMAP3 # set boot_nfs_nand         'set bootargs ${bootargs_fs}; run
addip; tftpboot 0x80000000 spv/uImage; bootm 0x80000000'
OMAP3 # set bootcmd
  bootcmd bootcmd
OMAP3r # set bootcmd
  bootcmd bootcmd
OMAP3 # set bootcmd
  bootcmd bootcmd
OMAP3 # set bootcmd'run boot_fs'
OMAP3 # echo "Environment downloaded"

One reason could be the line delay, but I set it up to 500ms - quite a
long time (usually I use 100ms)
The other reason might be that I have some default environment and
bootcmd build in in uboot (which is active when no environment is
available).
Some commands I could rename but of course not the bootcmd.
For some reason it works if I set bootcmd manually. Finally I could
find, that the TAB is causing the trouble - but only in this command.
set bootcmd<TAB>'run boot_fs'.
I don't have a explaination, but maybe this is an usful info for others...