[U-Boot] Need Help in bulding U-boot-2010-06 for OpenRD client

Prafulla Wadaskar prafulla at marvell.com
Wed Jul 7 13:44:32 CEST 2010

...snip...

you should use u-boot.bin to load in RAM @ 0x600000 (TEXT_BASE)

> current (NAND-loaded) u-boot with tftp and go. Judging from
> the README
> you pointed to, the kirkwood u-boot code probably misses some
> critical
> inits, which the kwbimage.cfg adds to it.
>
> Could it be that the low level init code for the kirkwood
> always assumes
> that all critical inits have already been performed when
> u-boot starts,
> and thus u-boot does not do them at all?

YES

> Problem is, kwbimage.cfg has boot options for sata, spi and
> nand but not
> -- of course -- RAM, so I can't fix this 'running from RAM'
> issue using
> kwbimage.

This is not objective of kwbimage, kwbimage appends header to u-boot.bin which directly read by internal bootROM to achieve boot from supported medias on Kirkwood.

for boot from RAM, you must need at least SDRAM configured, so JTAG is the way

Regards..
Prafulla . .