[U-Boot] davinci: lowlevel_init for davinci boards

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Wed Jul 7 18:00:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

I plan to use a davinci DM365 processor booting directly from a NOR
flash, without using the UBL provided by Texas. So I do not want to set
CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT in my config.

I am confused about the low level initialization for davinci SOC:
arch/arm/cpu/arm926ejs/davinci/lowlevel_init.S sounds to be general for
all DaVinci processors, but after a check I can see that it does not
match at least for the DM365 (most offset are wrong). I have search for
boards using this file, and it seems that only the sonata board could
use it, if it does not boot from nand (it has a DM644).

Is the actual lowlevel_init.S really specialized only for the DM644 ? Do
we need a specialized file for the other processors, too ? Or am I
missing something ?

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de