[U-Boot] uboot redundancy.

Sagar Heroorkar sagar.heroorkar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 16:03:33 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I am planning to implement uboot redundancy.
This means having the following idea which we thought.

Golden-Uboot which is flashed in the NOR-FLASH. This is not field
upgradable.
This golden uboot is going to have logic to pick the other uboot based on
certain flags or env vriables

As i mentioned i wanted the uboot to be redundant.
So i will have 2 copies of uboot now.
Uboot1
Uboot2

Golden uboot will pick either of one uboots mentioned above. If the uboot1
which is picked fails to boot, then we will have uboot2 as back up to boot.
vice versa.

Golden uboot recides in the address fffa0000 (start.s).
There is a relocation code which copies the code from flash to ram. if the
uboot which i have picked addressess will change , hence how can i do the
relocation?

Any pointers will help me if any one already did this kind of approach
making uboot redundant.

-Sagar