[U-Boot] Allocating memory in u-boot application

prathika prathika at deeopl.com
Mon Jul 12 08:44:29 CEST 2010

hi,
I am working on PPC440EP base custom board. I managed to port u-boot
successfully.
The requirement is, there should be no OS running on-board and run an
application in u-boot. I have successfully ported and example
application also.
The part of my requirement is to read data as large as 10MB from NVRAM
and load it to PC.
I am not able to allocate more than 64kB to a buffer. When i allocate
even 1MB, my application hangs when i try to access the buffer. I have
64MB DDR-RAM interface to PPC440EP.

The size of my application is 300kB and i don't think u-boot uses large
memory.
How can I malloc big size to a buffer in this case. Please help me fix
this issue, thanks in advance.

Regards,
Prathika R