[U-Boot] (imp) uboot image size

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 14 22:29:20 CEST 2010

Dear Sagar Heroorkar,

please mind the Netiquette - do not top post, do not full quote.

In message <AANLkTilh2L9qoOfMfto4Ho5XKvmKKN0u1o_iSKZPOX7x at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to relocate the uboot code to different address in the norflash.

You definitely do NOT want to do that - mind that "relocate" is a
well-defined term that does not mean what you seem to think it means
(or you don't care).

> > It seems you did not really understand what your change is doing, so
> > maybe you explain why you made this change in the first place?
> >
> > What did you try to acchive?

You did not answer my question.

Why are you trying to move the TEXT_BASE?

Eventually your processor (which you do not care to mention) has it's
reset entry point at the end of the physical addess space, so this
will always be included in theimage - the further you move TEXT_BASE
down, the bigger your image will be.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Respect is a rational process
	-- McCoy, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3