[U-Boot] mkconfig "arch" link generation

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Thu Jul 15 09:59:41 CEST 2010

Matteo Facchinetti wrote:
> Hi Stefano,

Hi Matteo,

> Yes, you're rigth,
> but I'm tring to write nand_spl driver for add nand boot support for my
> TWR-MPC5125 evaluation board.
> In first step I take what I need from LTIB (freescale) and  then I
> adjust the code for uboot mainline.
> The part takes from LTIB of 2k first stage nandboot code uses directly
> SRAMBAR and SWCRR defines.
>
> Now, I suppose, correct develop is to use the common c code in nand_spl
> directory and eventually customizing for my board unless use
> "include/asm/arch/..." for powerpc arch.
> Is it true?

Yes, and if you see under nand_spl/boar you have some examples how to
find additional files. You see that in Makefiles some local link are
created, and you could use the same mechanism to have a local asm-offsets.h

However, I agree that we should not generate broken link and IMHO the
position of asm-offsets.h is wrong. But again, the best thing should be
to generate this file automatically importing the mechanism from the kernel.

Best regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de