[U-Boot] Support for SD/MMC for davinci boards ?

Alagu Sankar alagusankar at embwise.com
Thu Jul 15 11:11:48 CEST 2010

Paulraj, Sandeep wrote:

> Hi Sandeep,
>
> Any plan to merge SD/MMC support patches [1] for davinci boards?
>
> I dont see these patches in u-boot-ti. git tree [2], Please correct me
> if I am wrong or I have missed any discussions on these patches.
>
> [1] http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2010-May/071434.html
>
> [2] git://git.denx.de/u-boot-ti.git <http://git.denx.de/u-boot-ti.git>
>

> --
> Regards,
> Rupesh Gujare
>
> Some time back there was an OMAP MMC patch which was ACKED but not
> applied.
>
> So I went ahead and added it to u-boot-ti.
>
> I had some days back agreed to take the DaVinci driver into u-boot ti
> but when
>
> I had a look at this entire set of patches for DaVinci MMC support, I
> realized that
>
> It is a set of some 9 patches. This not only adds davinci specific
> stuff but also modifies MMC and
>
> ARM lib code.
>
> Further more it seems from the post below
>
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2010-May/071498.html
>
> that it was supposed to be applied to u-boot-mmc but in reality was
> not really applied making this case
>
> synonymous to OMAP MMC patch where the patch was ACKED but not really
> applied.
>
> The best course of action would be to respin the patches(against
> u-boot-ti) and send it to the list after a round of testing.
>
> We can then discuss how to go about adding this to u-boot if nobody
> objects or adds comments.
>
> To be frank adding most of this code is not under my “jurisdiction”
> and will probably get sent back by Wolfgang even if I add it to
>
> u-boot-ti.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sandeep

Hi Sandeep,

The patches can be applied as a standalone davinci patch, independent of
the other common MMC add-ons. Thats why we have around 9 patches. Let me
know if you would like us to regenerate the patch in a different format.
We can make the changes, test it and submit again.

Best Regards,
Alagu Sankar