[U-Boot] u-boot-2010.03 build errors with USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC=yes option

Vipin KUMAR vipin.kumar at st.com
Thu Jul 15 13:11:23 CEST 2010

On 7/15/2010 2:43 PM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Vipin KUMAR,

Dear Wolfgang,

> In message <4C3ED008.1080207 at st.com> you wrote:
>>
>>> ok, so the only way is to select the source file containing the fuction from
>>> libgcc and include at source level into your source u-boot tree.
>>> I did the same but I started from the lib dir of linux kernel
>>
>> Hmmm, I was just avoiding it thinking that maybe someone somewhere would have
>> already done that. May be that patch can also be sent to the community
>
> Feel free to go on - we're looking forward to seeing your patch.

The problem why I was looking for this is that the tool-chain I am using only
supports -mhard-float option and this toolchain is specifically meant for armv7
(basically Cortex-A9 with FPU enabled).

Since this option -msoft-float is passed from arch/arm/cpu/config.mk, and it
is common for all arm configurations. Is there a good way to pass -mhard-float..

Regards
Vipin