[U-Boot] Unable to save environment variable in NOR Flash

StephenPaulraj Chinnadurai-ERS,HCLTech stephenpaulrajc at hcl.in
Thu Jul 15 19:00:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am having a board which is using PXA270 controller and connected to the PC48F4400P0VT00 Intel Strataflash.

I am using the u-boot which is in the devel branch (version: PXA: Toradex Colibri PXA270 support<http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-pxa.git;a=commit;h=4cca3cf3041c2257cfaf0b4f664c43d68e13a0d1>).

I am getting the following error message while saving the environment variable.

saveenv
Saving Environment to Flash...
. done
Un-Protected 1 sectors
. done
Un-Protected 1 sectors
Unable to save the rest of sector (245760)
. done
Protected 1 sectors
. done
Protected 1 sectors
$

I need your help to save the environment variable in the flash.

Whether drivers/mtd/cfi_flash.c file is a correct one or I need use board\g2000\strataflash.c file to interact with the flash?

Kindly someone suggest me the solution.

Thanks and Regards
Stephen Paulraj C

Thanks and Regards