[U-Boot] new to U-boot, need help on U-boot porting on SMDK6410

Sudipta Basu sbasu_embedded_systems at yahoo.in
Fri Jul 16 13:40:49 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm new to U-boot, I'm trying to port U-boot on SMDK6410 board which is based on Samsung's ARM11 based S3C6410 system on chip. I have compiled the U-boot s3c-u-boot-1.1.6. As a result of this compilation, six files got created in my current working directory. These are : System.map, u-boot, u-boot.bin, u-boot.dis, u-boot.map and u-boot.srec.

Which file I need to flash on NAND and how?
If I want to go for booting from SD-card what I need to do?
I have a Linux machine and don't have Trace-32.

Please suggest me some way out.

Regards,
Sudipta,
India.