[U-Boot] Non standard CFI detection tweaks

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Jul 19 12:49:10 CEST 2010

Hi Rogan,

On Monday 19 July 2010 12:18:45 Rogan Dawes wrote:
> > How is your FLASH chip connected to your CPU? In 16bit wide mode (which
> > is more common)?
>
> I have no idea. Do you have any suggestions how I can find out?

I don't suppose you have the schematics for this board?

> If I do a normal md over the rest of the flash, I do see expected
> strings from the U-Boot "partition", and the kernel and ramdisk
> partitions. i.e. not duplicated or anything like that. Not sure if that
> answers your question at all?

No, it doesn't. But the unlocking addresses should give us the result (8bit
vs. 16bit wide connection). What does work for you? The byte addresses or the
word addresses (read manufacturer ID)?

Byte addresses:

=> mw.b base + aaa aa
=> mw.b base + 555 55