[U-Boot] FW: Need Your Help

Marek Vasut marek.vasut at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 17:41:02 CEST 2010

Dne Po 19. července 2010 17:29:48 StephenPaulraj Chinnadurai-ERS,HCLTech
napsal(a):
> Hello Marek,
>
> Hope you are doing well.
>
> I registered with U-Boot at lists.denx.de list last week and came to know
> about activities of the group.

You should possibly CC this mail into u-boot mailing list too.

> I understand that your work is very tightly scheduled.
>

> I have made the FFUART and CFI to work in my board.

ok

> But LAN91C1111 connect to the PXA270 in the static chip select 4 (nCS4) is
> not working.

Do you have correct GPIO mux settings ? In this case GPIO80 as to be AF2, check
your GAFRx registers.

> In /include/configs/hcl_pxa270.h file I have defined the following macro:
> #define CONFIG_SMC91111
> #define CONFIG_SMC91111_BASE    0x10000300

Are you sure about the 0x300 offset? That's actually toggling MA<10:9> pins on.
Do you have these connected at all?

Try this:

+/*
+ * Networking Configuration
+ * SMC91C111 chip
+ */
+#ifdef CONFIG_CMD_NET
+#define        CONFIG_CMD_PING
+#define        CONFIG_CMD_DHCP
+#define        CONFIG_NET_MULTI
+
+#define        CONFIG_SMC91111
+#define        CONFIG_SMC91111_BASE    0x10000300
+
+#define        CONFIG_BOOTP_BOOTFILESIZE
+#define        CONFIG_BOOTP_BOOTPATH
+#define        CONFIG_BOOTP_GATEWAY
+#define        CONFIG_BOOTP_HOSTNAME
+
+#define        CONFIG_NETMASK                  255.255.255.0
+#define        CONFIG_IPADDR                   192.168.1.52
+#define        CONFIG_SERVERIP                 192.168.1.51
+#endif

> In board/hcl_pxa270/lowlevel_init.S file, I have assigned
> MSC0 = 0x23F2B8F2
> MSC1 = 0x0000CCD1
> MSC2 = 0x0000B884

You don't need these ... see arch/arm/include/asm/arch-pxa/macro.h, everything
you need is already configured there. Check for example vpac270 board.

> Then in the board_init() function which is in /board/hcl_pxa270/hclpxa270.c
> file, I assigned: MSC0 = 0x7FF07FF0
> MSC1 = 0x7FF07FF0
> MSC2 = 0x7FF07FF0

You don't need that. The macros above do it for you. Again, check vpac270 board,
it's lowlevel_init.S, it's configs/vpac270.h etc. You'll see that these are
configured much earlier and you're only duplicating work.

All you need in your hclpxa270.c is this:

+#ifdef CONFIG_CMD_NET
+int board_eth_init(bd_t *bis)
+{
+       int rc = 0;
+#ifdef CONFIG_SMC91111
+       rc = smc91111_initialize(0, CONFIG_SMC91111_BASE);
+#endif
+       return rc;
+}
+#endif

> But still the Ethernet is not initialized and working(Ethernet LED is not
> blinking):
>
> Apart from the above modification, whether I need to do any other changes.
>
> I am sending this mail personally, because you understand my problem (that
> I am working in hcl customized board and not in the reference/development
> board).

You should CC the mailing list anyway, because the knowledge I share with you
can help other people who will search the mailing list in future.

Also, could you share your patch for the hcl board? It might be easier to check
for grave bugs then.

Cheers