[U-Boot] question about example/standalone/mips.lds

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at openmobilefree.net
Tue Jul 20 07:24:53 CEST 2010

Hi

which compiler in ELDK if for the mips_el system?
I guess there are some different between ELDK cross compiler
and OpenWrt cross compiler.
so I want try ELDK cross compiler with my board.

I found there are two mips_el boards[1] in MAKEALL.
I want know how those two boards handle this example.

give me some advice. ( I am learning :)

by the way, here[2] is the error message with OpenWrt's
cross compiler.

thanks for all your help.

---
[1]
	dbau1550_el	\
	pb1000		\

make -C examples/standalone all
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/xiangfu/workspace/PanGu/u-boot.upstream/examples/standalone'
mipsel-openwrt-linux-ld -g -Ttext 0x80200000 -T mips.lds \
			-o hello_world -e hello_world hello_world.o libstubs.a \
			-L/home/xiangfu/workspace/PanGu/openwrt-xburst/staging_dir/toolchain-mipsel_gcc-4.3.3+cs_uClibc-0.9.30.1/usr/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.3.3 -lgcc
mipsel-openwrt-linux-ld: hello_world.o: compiled for a little endian system and target is big endian
mipsel-openwrt-linux-ld: hello_world.o: endianness incompatible with that of the selected emulation
mipsel-openwrt-linux-ld: failed to merge target specific data of file hello_world.o
mipsel-openwrt-linux-ld: libstubs.a(stubs.o): compiled for a little endian system and target is big endian
mipsel-openwrt-linux-ld: libstubs.a(stubs.o): endianness incompatible with that of the selected emulation
mipsel-openwrt-linux-ld: failed to merge target specific data of file libstubs.a(stubs.o)
make[1]: *** [hello_world] Segmentation fault
make[1]: *** Deleting file `hello_world'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xiangfu/workspace/PanGu/u-boot.upstream/examples/standalone'
make: *** [examples/standalone] Error 2

--
Best Regards
Xiangfu Liu