[U-Boot] Non standard CFI detection tweaks

Rogan Dawes rogan at dawes.za.net
Tue Jul 20 12:00:31 CEST 2010

On 2010/07/20 10:38 AM, I wrote:
>> But the base address is listed here as 0xf4000000:
>>
>> #define DNS323_NOR_BOOT_BASE 0xf4000000
>
> Hmmm, maybe I must try changing that, then. That might be the answer to
> all the confusion.
>
> Although it is definitely an 8MB flash, and I thought it was supposed to
> be at the end of memory?

Well, obviously, the address lines are connected up such that all
accesses in that section wrap into the flash, whatever the offset is.

Unfortunately, but understandably, it makes no difference whatsoever to
the behaviour of the flash chip. I can still put it into QRY mode, where
I get the doubled QQRRYY response, but the flash is not detected any
better than it was previously.

I suppose my next best option is to try to ask the Linux kernel folk if
they have any ideas.

Rogan