[U-Boot] mtd partition &kernel

Ben Gardiner bengardiner at nanometrics.ca
Wed Jul 21 14:53:01 CEST 2010

Please keep all correspondence on the list.

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 1:52 AM, Fundu <fundu_1999 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> is there a way i could put this information in the kernel for testing ?
I don't understand the question.

> in u-boot for my board is saw board/mini2440/mini2440.c
>
> i saw
>
> unsigned int dynpart_size[] = {
>    CFG_UBOOT_SIZE, 0x20000, 0x500000, 0xffffffff, 0 };
> char *dynpart_names[] = {
>    "u-boot", "u-boot_env", "kernel", "rootfs", NULL };
>
> If i change this would the propogation be taken care of.

The dynpart feature is not in mainline u-boot. There is currently a
port of the dynpart feature submitted for inclusion [1].

Where did your source code come from? Perhaps the people that provided
the source code can help?

As far as I understand dynpart you will need to take whatever space
you need for the new partition from the rootfs partition and add the
new partition definition to the mini2440.c file by appending an entry
to both the dynpart_size and dynpart_names arrays. Compile and flash
the new u-boot and with this u-boot execute the 'dynpart' command
followed by saveenv. Then re-flash the rootfs and your new partition.

Best Regards,
Ben Gardiner

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/80843

---