[U-Boot] uboot redundancy.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 21 20:25:34 CEST 2010

Dear Sagar Heroorkar,

In message <AANLkTil0NvpGAegE9G05JvepTqKTPKNvARfkG-tED3SF at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> 1)G-boot picks up uboot1/uboot2 based on environment variable. Basically we
> jumps to that uboot and start booting it from there.

You should not do that. Environment is not reliable enough for such a
thing.

You should use a boot counter in combination with a hardware watchdog.
After N failing attempts to boot image 1 you switch to image 2.

> * As i will have 2 uboots which resides into seperate partitions. This
> requies to build 2 uboots with different relotate_code logic/something .

Actually you will have 3 of these.

I told you before that I consider this approach screwed.

> I would really appriciate if anyone replies (especially Wolfgang ) about
> whether to go head with this approach before i spent much time on this.

I've sent a few replies in the past; I have little or nothing new to
add.

Viele Grüße,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Do not follow where the path may lead....go instead where there is no
path and leave a trail.