[U-Boot] drivers/net/enc28j60.c - generalisation, how?

Reinhard Meyer reinhard.meyer at emk-elektronik.de
Sun Jul 25 08:16:34 CEST 2010

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Submit patches, and put the board maintainers (if there are any) on
>
> If nobody complains the patches go in.

Hello,

making the source adhere to coding style,
removing wrappers that only change function names,
and making it CONFIG_NET_MULTI-able seems to change almost every
line in the source. Would it not be better to introduce it as a new driver
and phase out the old one after a while?

Another issue is that the source has roughly 200 lines #defining the
chips register layout. Those could be moved to a header file
named "enc28j60.h". Where should that file be?
drivers/net - like most other drivers?

I also need some shared function prototypes between driver and
a board specific file, example for
int enc28j60_eth_initialize(int id, unsigned int phy_addr)
where should that go?

Reinhard