[U-Boot] help on POST

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jul 31 19:11:29 CEST 2010

Dear York Sun,

In message <1280525648.25910.61.camel at oslab-l1> you wrote:

> > > data validated? I don't see any code to validate the value.
> >
> > It checks against BOOTMODE_MAGIC.
>
> What's if I don't want to use flash and don't have NVRAM? Can I use gd
> but let it fail the validation in case of data corruption?

I don't understand the problem.  All we need is some register or
memory location that is guaranteed to keep it's value during a hard
reset of the processor. This can be NVRAM, or On-Chip-Memory, or some
register.  I am pretty sure you know this CPU much better than me, and
I am optimistic that you can find such a register.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
365 Days of drinking Lo-Cal beer.                       = 1 Lite-year