[U-Boot] mtdparts: add bad-block skipping

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 2 00:34:38 CEST 2010

Dear Ben Gardiner,

In message <1275423827-5803-1-git-send-email-bengardiner at nanometrics.ca> you wrote:
> This patch series is based on the idea of Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>
> and the comments of Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> [1]. I started with Harald's
> original patch and migrated it to a new mtdparts sub-command and added an
> interface to the new functionality via a 'mtdparts add' variant.

Can we have a configuration that is neutral to the memory footprint
for such boards that don't want to use any of the new features? It
seems the patches always add ~ 200 bytes to the code size (on
PowerPC).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Computers make excellent and efficient servants, but I have  no  wish
to  serve under them. Captain, a starship also runs on loyalty to one
man. And nothing can replace it or him.
	-- Spock, "The Ultimate Computer", stardate 4729.4