[U-Boot] first u-boot program

Maxime Boure mboure at ubiquiet.com
Wed Jun 2 11:24:05 CEST 2010

Dear Wolfgang Denk

> Dear Maxime Boure,
>
> please keep the mailing list on Cc:
>
> In message <AANLkTin4majod0Rc-nCxbgHrCdY4VY2OlptQyAQS4cjE at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>> Sorry to have sent my mail in HTML I forgot to take it off.
>
> You might also want to quote the previous message so everybody knows
> what you are referring to. It may be obvious foir you, but I'm
> replying to _many_ messages per day, and a bit of context would be
> welcome. Please see http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

Sorry again not my daily routine...

>> This is my uboot env :
>
> This is not what I asked for. What I menat was: how are the
> envrionemnt sectors configured in your flash, i. e. what are the
> CONFIG.*ENV settings?

Is this it ?

#define PISMO1_ONEN_SIZE		GPMC_SIZE_128M /* Configure the PISMO */

#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BASE		boot_flash_base

#define CONFIG_SYS_ONENAND_BASE		ONENAND_MAP

#define CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_ONENAND	1

#define CONFIG_ENV_SIZE			SZ_512K	/* Total Size Environment */

#define CONFIG_SYS_ENV_SECT_SIZE	boot_flash_sec
#define CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET		boot_flash_off
#define ONENAND_ENV_OFFSET		0x200000 /* environment starts here */

#define CONFIG_ENV_ADDR			ONENAND_ENV_OFFSET

#define CONFIG_MTD_ONENAND_2X_PROGRAM

/* Monitor at start of flash */
#define CONFIG_SYS_MONITOR_BASE		CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BASE
#define CONFIG_SYS_MONITOR_LEN		SZ_256K	/* Reserve 2 sectors */

>> I am currently using a IGEP board based on an omap3530 with a onenand
>> of 512mo (don't realy know what kind of information you need :))
>
> It tells me that it's an out of tree port, so we cannot help you.

Well thank you for your time !