[U-Boot] DDR3 initialization fails after cold boot

prakash bedge prakash.bedge at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 09:14:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to initialize the DDR3 present on my board, using the u-boot
with DMA engine on my board.

My board is mounted on linux machine.

DDR3 initialization completes successfully after warm boot (given init 6
command on linux).

But the same u-boot code fails after cold boot (given init 0 command on
linux and then power on).

Also I am seeing that in u-boot timing might be not correct.

udelay(14000000)  function should generate 14 sec delay but it generates
delay of only 5 seconds.

I doubt that timing might be issue but I believe that in u-boot udelay
function is correct.

What should be cause behind this cold boot issue for DDr3 initialization?

Need some inputs. Please respond.

Thanks & Regards,

Prakash