[U-Boot] Disable cache on PPC

Kim Phillips kim.phillips at freescale.com
Thu Jun 17 03:28:24 CEST 2010

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:37:24 +0200
Lasse Skov <lasko at kk-electronic.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a build for my mpc8377 ppc prototype board and i will try to disable the cache before running my BSP on my target.
> Uboot running in cache so i can't not just disable cache.
>
> So my question is how to disable cache for the target here?
> Or should i instead disable it when booting my BSP? and make the test here.

there is a disable cache command, but I think bootm reenables it.
Bottom line, try disabling it in the OS. In linux this can be done
using modules.

> The problem is that i think thers is some problem with snooping on the ppc.
> And it someties look likes there is some collision on the internal bus between
> memory and the tsec controllers.

lots of etsec traffic is causing memory corruption?  if it's linux, try
upgrading your kernel version to get the latest driver updates.
Otherwise, unless u-boot has misconfigured memory, I
don't think this is a topic for this list (try netdev?).

hth,

Kim