[U-Boot] GUNZIP: uncompress, out-of-mem or overwrite error

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 22 15:32:04 CEST 2010

Dear Unnamalai Kanchi Bashyam,

In message <6E8DF434294A2F49BB2C8BE9F27294D96BDBBB26 at CHN-HCLT-EVS07.HCLT.CORP.HCL.IN> you wrote:

> I have problem uncompressing the Kernel image by u-boot.
>  It throws the message "GUNZIP: uncompress, out-of-mem or
>  overwrite error - must RESET board to recover
> resetting ...".

Which exact version of U-Boot are you running (please provide the git
commit ID), and which exact board configuration?

> I am working on Littleton board with PXA310 processor a
> and 64MB DDR SDRAM.

I haven't seen any such board supported in U-Boot yet. Please consider
asking the vendor who provided the U-Boot port to you.

One hint: you may want to check to which RAM address the U-Boot image
is linked to. Eventually it is sitting right in the middle of your
RAM.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Microsoft Compatibility:
     your old Windows 3.11 application crash exactly as the new ones.