[U-Boot] U-boot for PPC405GP based custom Board

ravi.rao at rflelect.com ravi.rao at rflelect.com
Mon Jun 28 15:48:03 CEST 2010

Hi,
    Looks like the syntax for .lds file has changed. It does not like any
defines. I was trying to get the new syntax in .lds files to include file
or define a constan but could not get a definitive answere. Any help is
appreciated.
By the way I have my own file for the custom board. Since the standard one
also exhibited the problem I choose to send the error from taihu board.
Thanks in advance,
Ravishankar Govindarao
RFL Electronics Inc.
E-mail : Ravi.Rao at rflelect.com
Voice: 973.334.3100 Ext. 233
Fax: 973.334.3863

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE
This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential and/or
legally privileged information.  The Information is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity named on this e-mail .  If you are not the
distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of
this transmitted Information is strictly prohibited.  Further, if you are
not the intended recipient, please notify us by return e-mail and delete
the Information promptly.

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>
06/27/2010 05:18 PM

ravi.rao at rflelect.com
cc
u-boot at lists.denx.de
Subject
Re: [U-Boot] U-boot for PPC405GP based custom Board

Dear ravi.rao at rflelect.com,

please post U-Boot related questions always on the U-Boot mailing list.

In message
<OF223063CB.29974FC8-ON8525774F.00694481-8525774F.00699FE3 at slpower.com>
you wrote:

>    Thanks for the help. I deleted the flash.c and enabled the standard
CFI
> and it seems to have fixed my problem. As per your suggestion I
downloaded
> the latest current version of U-boot                      (
> u-boot-2010.06-rc3) and Iam getting the following error during
> compilation.
>
> /opt/timesys/toolchains/ppc4xx-linux/bin/ppc4xx-linux-gcc -E -g  -Os
> -mrelocatable -fPIC -meabi -D__KERNEL__ -DTEXT_BASE=0xFFFC0000
> -I/mnt/homesA/ravi/g8k_26kernel/u-boot-2010.06-rc3/include -fno-builtin
> -ffreestanding -nostdinc -isystem
> /opt/timesys/toolchains/lib/gcc/powerpc-timesys-linux-gnu/4.2.1/include
> -pipe  -DCONFIG_PPC -D__powerpc__ -DCONFIG_4xx -ffixed-r2 -mstring
> -msoft-float -Wa,-m405 -mcpu=405 -include

/mnt/homesA/ravi/g8k_26kernel/u-boot-2010.06-rc3/include/u-boot/u-boot.lds.h

>  -ansi -D__ASSEMBLY__ -P -

</mnt/homesA/ravi/g8k_26kernel/u-boot-2010.06-rc3/arch/powerpc/cpu/ppc4xx/u-boot.lds

> >u-boot.lds
> UNDEF_SYM=`/opt/timesys/toolchains/ppc4xx-linux/bin/ppc4xx-linux-objdump

> -x board/amcc/taihu/libtaihu.a lib/libgeneric.a lib/lzma/liblzma.a

You should not use the Taihu board consifuration, but instead create
your own.

/opt/timesys/toolchains/bin/powerpc-timesys-linux-gnu-ld:/mnt/homesA/ravi/g8k_26kernel/u-boot-2010.06-rc3/arch/powerpc/cpu/ppc4xx/u-boot.lds:23:

> ignoring invalid character `#' in expression

/opt/timesys/toolchains/bin/powerpc-timesys-linux-gnu-ld:/mnt/homesA/ravi/g8k_26kernel/u-boot-2010.06-rc3/arch/powerpc/cpu/ppc4xx/u-boot.lds:23:

> syntax error
> Can you please tell me what I am missing ??

This should not happen. Either your tool chain is broken, or there was
some problem with your download. Is there any chance that a Windows
system was involved, so you have corrupted line endings (\r\n instead
of plain \n) ?

Humans do claim a great deal for that particular emotion (love).
                 -- Spock, "The Lights of Zetar", stardate 5725.6