[U-Boot] Where can I find the git repostory for mx51evk

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 1 09:13:04 CET 2010

Dear "Lv Terry-R65388",

In message <1AE74F652ECB1440B73DD7C2C20842D1AC6D5C at zch01exm27.fsl.freescale.net> you wrote:

> 	It seems that "git am" doesn't work for me.

Well, I'm afraid there is little we can do to help you with that.
Setting up a basic working tool chain is something you have to do
yourself; we don't know your environment. If you don't succeed
yourself, then ask another, more experienced engineer in your team
for help, or some support guy.

> 	The steps are:
>
> 	1. Save the patch as txt file in outlook and copy to u-boot directory.
> 	2. Use git am to apply the patch.

Maybe you should try and avoid working in a Windows based environment
here. I have no way how many wonderful ways Outlook knows to mess up
the messages it processes.

> 	What's your git version?
> 	We're using 1.6.0.4.

We are using git versions 1.6.2.5 and 1.6.6 (i. e. what comes with
recent Fedora distributions).

> 	I don't know if it is the git version that cause the problem.

The problems you report are not caused by git version differences.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Do not underestimate the value of print statements for debugging.