[U-Boot] [STATUS] i.MX / Freescale ARM custodian needed

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Tue Mar 2 15:43:31 CET 2010

John Rigby wrote:
> Sorry for the double reply.  This is the message I wanted to reply to.

Hi John, hi Tom,

> I have some i.mx25/TX25 patches.  They are all prefixed with PATCH V3.
> Scott already took the nand and spl patches.  Ben ok'd the FEC
> patches but said they needed to go in via your tree because they
> modify i.mx files as well as the mxc fec driver.  No one commented on
> the rest but Wolfgang has verified that they compile and boot on TX25.

As reported by Wolfgang, I won the custodian job for the IMX
architecture, at least for a while ;)
I am putting your patches into the u-boot-imx tree.

> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2010-January/067073.html
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2010-January/067077.html

As you reported, the fec_mxc.c driver needs to be merged, because at the
same time you add support for the MX25 and I did for the MX51. My patch
went already to the mainline, so merge is needed.

I am asking both which is the current status and how to proceed. Tom, if
you have not yet try to merge the driver, I will do it. I want only to
be sure we do not do the work twice. John, let me know if you prefer to
check yourself (I cannot test on a MX25 board, I can only recheck on a
MX51 to see if something goes wrong for this board).

Thanks,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de