[U-Boot] Problems with fw_printenv

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 4 09:55:10 CET 2010

Dear Ronald Kortekaas,

In message <4B8F4FBB.8040204 at chess.nl> you wrote:

> >> The problem was the definition of CONFIG_ENV_ADDR_REDUND after undefining this it works.
> >>
> > Do you understand the consequewnces of removing this definition? Are
> > you sure you really want to do this?
> No, I'm not understanding the consequences of removing this definition.
> I can't find a description what is does.

Hm... You can't? Didn't you find the README ?

> But if I want to use the CONFIG_ENV_ADDR_REDUND. Is there a way to solve
> this problem?

Of course there is. You just have to adapt the fw_config file for
redundant environment, i. e. add entries for both copies of the
environment data.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In an organization, each person rises to the level of his own  incom-
petency                                         - The Peter Principle