[U-Boot] bootcounter implementation for OMAP3

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Mar 9 18:22:02 CET 2010

Hi Nitin,

>> You are writing a 32 bit entity to an non 32-bit aligned address.
>> Although I do not know the omap too well, this can be a problem on
>> any architecture.
>>
>> Can you write 32-bot to that exact address from within the U-Boot
>> commandline with e.g. "mm"?
>
> That was the basic mistake I think. I was trying to write to a non 32
> bit aligned address. This got solved, but I have some new errors
> saying this

Ok, thanks for the confirmation.

> ## Error: environment overflow, "stdin" deleted
> ## Error: environment overflow, "stdout" deleted
> ## Error: environment overflow, "stderr" deleted
> ## Error: environment overflow, "bootcount" deleted

[dzu at pollux u-boot-testing (master)]$ git grep "environment overflow"
common/cmd_nvedit.c:            printf ("## Error: environment overflow, \"%s\" deleted\n", name);
tools/env/fw_env.c:                     "Error: environment overflow, \"%s\" deleted\n",

> Does that mean the size allocated for env is smaller compared to the
> actual contents in env file.  I am new to u-boot. Can you give some
> pointers on this?

Only you can answer what you have defined for your configuration.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
He who can properly define and divide is to be considered a god.
                                        -- Plato