[U-Boot] Uboot debugging clarification!

Ramalingam C Ramalingam.C at Lntemsys.com
Wed Mar 17 15:34:27 CET 2010

Hi!

I am working on iMX515 processor in our project. Our evaluation board is
iMX51EVK. We are using the uboot.

For our board we have designed the NAND as storage device! But for our
NAND chip we dont have the Advanced toolkit (freescale s/w) support! So we

have to load the uboot binary to DDR2 through JTAG emulator and boot the
uboot!.

When we are trying this on iMX51EVK board by removing the SD card, control

is going to a infinite loop. The same binary is working if we store in the

SD card of EVK board and boot!
If we get the uboot running then we can store the uboot to NAND and
proceed with our testing!

It will be really helpful if you can help us in modifying the uboot such a
way that it will boot from
DDR2 itself.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramalingam C.

Larsen & Toubro Ltd,
Embedded System & Software (EmSyS),
Mysore Complex, KIADB Industrial Area,
Hebbal-Hootagalli,
Mysore, Karnataka,
India - 570018.

Mobile : +91 9611417479
Mail : Ramalingam.C at lntemsys.com

L&T EmSyS Proprietary L&T EmSyS Confidential L&T EmSyS Internal Use L&T
EmSyS General Business

"Your attempt may fail, but never fail to make an attempt.."